American system students in grades 11 and 12 should take 8 subjects (5 subjects in G11 and 3 subjects in G12) that represent 40% of the total scores; students should also take SAT 1 tests that represent the other 60% of the total score.So, what is SAT ?
- SAT means Scholastic Aptitude Test. - Courses are offered in the school for SAT tests. - There are two SAT tests that students can sitSAT (1):
- All students must take, it includes 2 subjects only (Math and English), the test is a 3 hours 45 minutes, written (Multiple choice questions) for both subjects, but recently English test includes some essays. - The SAT (1) test (Mandatory) is offered (6) trails per academic year, the student can sit for the test starting from G7 (PSAT; preparation for SAT, it’s just a practice stage) but test scores is counted for the student starting from G11 and G12 taking their best score obtained and sent to the university of the students choice. - Both English and Math scores are out of 2400 points (800 Math, 800 Reading, 800 writing). - Sat (1) allows for ALL faculties except (Medicine – Pharmacy –Dentistry or Engineering ….etc.) So, to enter such faculties students should sit for SAT (2),if not, SAT (2) is optional.SAT (2):
- A 2 - 3 subjects course, it can be taken for 2 reasons; Students that wants to enter practical faculties like (Medicine – Pharmacy –Dentistry - Engineering or like), or just to raise their total scores as SAT (2) adds 15% over and above the 100% (8 subjects and SAT (1)). - Includes subjects such as ( Biology – Chemistry – Physics – Math – U.S. History – Languages; French, German And Spanish) the student is free to choose the 2 subjects he/she wants to sit for his/her choice depends on the faculty he/she wants to enter.For example:
• Biology is essential for faculties of Medicine, Pharmacy and Dentistry, Nursing, Veterinary, and Natural Therapy in addition to one of the three subjects (Physics or Chemistry or Math) • Math is essential for faculty of Engineering, Petroleum Engineering, Oils & Minerals, City Planning, Electronic Engineering (Menouf), Computers & Information and the Technological Institutes and College Of Fine Arts (Architecture Dep.)
Physics & Math SAT II are mandatory incase of joining any military faculties (Technical military, Navy & Air Defense) (Plus another subject from Physics, Chemistry or Biology)Important Notice:
- Students would be eligible to apply for All Practical Colleges (Medicine – Pharmacy –Dentistry or Engineering…….etc.) by taking Biology and Math in SAT2 test. - The SAT (2) test is out of 1600 point (800 points per each subject). - For SAT (1) and SAT (2): Students sit for their tests in the place they choose (American center – AMIDEAST - ..etc), these centers are an intermediate between EAS and America, that are responsible to get the students registration numbers, exams and get them to apply for the exams, these centers then sends out students answers back to American to be scored, Students scores are then sent to us from America through those centers.
SAT® SAT tests are held October through June. For detailed information on SAT test dates and registration deadline, kindly visit the following link: http://sat.collegeboard.org/register/sat-international-datesRegistration procedures for the SAT Tests are outlined below:
• Interested clients should visit AMIDEAST Sunday – Thursday at the AMIDEAST main branch to fill in an application and pay the fees. SAT Reasoning fee is EGP 490, SAT Subject Tests: one subject fee is EGP 400, two subjects fee is EGP 470, and 3 replica handbags subjects fee is EGP 545. • Applicants may also apply via Internet on the College Board website www.collegeboard.org AMIDEAST follows the international early registration deadline. Contact Information Country Director: James Ketterer Cairo Street Address: 38 Mohie El Din Abou El Ezz Street, Dokki-Giza, Egypt Mailing Address: PO Box 417, Dokki - Giza, Egypt Phone: 19263 Cairo Customer Service Hours: 08:00 AM - 06:00 PM Sunday - Thursday 12:00 PM - 04:00 PM Saturday Call Center Hours: 09:00 AM – 05:00 PM Sunday – Thursday SAT Dates: Nov 3, Dec. 1, Jan...26, Mar.9, May 4, June 1 (The first Saturday of the month)
http://3sh.rchk.edu.hk/samuel-lee/world-bank-game http://sl.ff.cuni.cz/svet-literatury-2005-rocnik-xv-cislo-32 http://www.vam.ac.uk/blog/digital-media/new-website http://rdbp.sea.gov.ua/help/index.php?topic=33328.0 http://www.sd.pk.edu.pl/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=286125 www.buzzfeed.com/listanything http://rpf.pfps.ntct.edu.tw/4images/member.php?action=showprofile&user_id=36402 www2.tku.edu.tw/~tacx/html/userinfo.php?uid=2227726 www.icsi.edu/capitalmarketweek/UserProfile/tabid/4706/userId/711175/Default.aspx http://ittlearning.ittehuacan.edu.mx/ittlearning/blog/index.php?userid=50268 http://knsz.prz.edu.pl/forum/member.php?action=profile&uid=12556 www.tmes.tc.edu.tw/~tmeslunch/modules/profile/userinfo.php?uid=467160